Wednesday 17 June 2015

I remember one time, when I was about 10 years old,

I remember one time, when I was about 10 years old, I had to accompany my mother to the doctor's office.
Nothing serious, just the usual regular checkup.
While waiting to be called, my mom and I helped ourselves to some of the old magazines on the table of the waiting room in the hopes of combatting boredom.
Now, even as a little girl, I loved to read.
I would literally read just about anything I could get my hands on, and magazines, even if not for children, were no exception.
I remember reading an experience that a woman had written to the publishers of said magazine, but it took me quite a few years to fully grasp how utterly hilarious this woman's experience was.
Apparently, the woman, her husband and their six year-old daughter were on their way to her (the woman's) parents house for a family dinner.
On the way there, however, the family unfortunately got stuck in really bad traffic.
The mother, being irritated at the possibility of being late, kept continuously blowing the horn. Finally, traffic started speeding up and the husband and wife and their daughter made it about 45 or so minutes after the predetermined time.
When the family of three arrived, the little girl practically ran up to the door seeing how she was eager to see her grandparents.
After ringing the doorbell several times, the grandmother answered the door and gave her daughter and son in-law the biggest hugs before picking up the little girl as they all went inside.
                         -Faizan

No comments:

Post a Comment